Quick Spa, international leader in the production of nautical equipment, launches its latest video "Quick Gyro: the coolest system" telling the reasons that make the Quick Gyro stabilizer the "coolest" system on the market. The video describes the functioning of the natural dissipation mechanism and the advantages of the Quick Gyro stabilizer compared to the other competitors on the market.
Here are the five reasons explained by the Quick team:
- Minimal maintenance: ordinary and extraordinary maintenance activities can be performed on board without disassembling the stabilizer. This is possible for two reasons. The first is that all the critical components that need extraordinary maintenance do not operate in a vacuum-sealed enclosure and are located in easily inspectable positions. The second is the lack of a water-cooling system which requires regular care and makes the maintenance activities more critical.
- Efficient: the Quick Gyro features an extremely high spool-up and spool-down speed. It reaches 100% of the RPMs needed for stabilization in just 25 minutes, however you can already feel its stabilizing effects after 15-20 minutes, when it reaches 80% of RPMs.
- Installation on board: the installation is extremely simple even in refitting. You just need to fix the gyro to the base integrated to the hull with a few screws (just 8 screws for the smaller sizes) and that's it, fast and simple. No need to haul the boat because the Quick Gyro is extremely compact and passes easily through the hatches.
- Natural dissipation: the natural cooling system avoids the problems related to water exchange and oxidation, especially when you get back to the dock with your boat. Neither a vacuum nor a forced cooling system is necessary for a system to be efficient. The horizontal rotation axis allows the weight to be distributed over several bearings instead of just one. This leads to the increase of the flywheel size and to the decrease of the rotation speed, reducing the heat production. Avoiding the overheating of the Quick Gyro is a snap: it’s enough to install the unit in a space where the temperature does not exceed 55 °C / 131 °F.
- Quick on board: among the many reasons why you should choose a Quick Gyro, the strongest one is Quick itself, thanks to our 30 years of experience in the nautical sector and the support of our dealers and service centers around the world (+385). Our mission is doing everything possible to support the boat owner by offering a complete, reliable, and integrated system.